strong feelings and hardships
can transform into full isolation,
but there is always a way out.
Any personal complexes, feelings and difficulties can transform into complete isolation and exclusion from the outside world. Being ashamed to visit a psychologist, it is much easier to take advice from a best friend or relative. But, do such advices always give positive result?
Every child is an individual, so his psyche can respond differently to the outside world. The nervous system of the child is under a great deal of stress, because in the development process it often encounters lots of unfamiliar situations.
Child psychologist is a professional who understands children, knows how to make contact, achieve sympathy and trust from a child.
Psychologist works with children from age 2 to 18 years. In order to understand parent and child relationship, child psychologist must learn the situation comprehensively. Therefore, with children under the age of 3 years there are options for cooperation:
- child in pair with one of the parents,
- child alone with psychologist, parents — separately.
Communication takes place in the form of a game or an interview (if it is a teenager). The psychologist determines the format for further cooperation after the initial consultation.
When it is time to get help from child psychologist?
- Speech development is absent or delayed
- Unusual games in early age
- Absence or insufficient response to your own name
- Running around in circles.
- Weird tastes (eg, avoids or eats only red colored fruits and vegetables).
- Communication problems with peers.
- Absence of interest.
- Aggressive response (hysteria) to any changes.
Don`t be afraid if you noticed anything from above mentioned, because the work of a psychologist with a child helps parents and the child better understand each other. Various symptoms can be hidden behind one symptom, and it can be quite difficult for parents to handle them.
Consultation with a child psychologist may be also needed in other situations
- Preparing a child for major changes in life: moving, 1-st grade at school or kindergarten.
- Family expecting a second child.
- Questions about the proper parenting.
- Tragic events in the family that the child is experiencing hard (parental divorce, violence).
When the help of a psychologist is needed
- The child has problems with self-esteem.
- Learning difficulties or lack of desire to learn.
- Aggressive behavior.
- Difficulties in understanding with family members and social environment.
- Psychosomatic problems — allergic reactions (when medical diagnostics revealed nothing), enuresis, encopresis.
- Bad sleep.
- Undernutrition /overnutrition.
- Fears of different genesis.
- Addiction to gadgets and similar problems.
Psychologist services cost
- Conversation with a child in form of a game (60-90 minutes) and parent consultation: 800 UAH
- Further sessions: 600 UAH
Appointment with the doctor
3 critical things
We are aware of confidentiality importance.
Pediatric psychologist can analyze children behavior and recommend how to build up balanced relationships. The reasons of the character changes and a new type of relationships at early age and at teenage period can be also determined.
It is not only client’s assistance or training , it is also individual work with the achievements for reaching harmony and success.