Can it replace professional teeth enamel cleaning?
Rather often people in order to save on a visit to a dentist, us as alternative to professional cleaning, strong home cleaning abrasives such as baking soda and salt. Despite a significant number of positive reviews on the Internet (that effect of such extreme cleaning is immediately visible), not many people think that in reality soda and salt are powerful abrasives which act on teeth as sandpaper. The main disadvantage is that together with plaque they brush off the protective layers of tooth enamel. And this is very dangerous for teeth health.
Main negative consequences of using household soda and salt as cleaning means
- visible result only for a short period of time
- provide only surface look
- thin tooth enamel
- cause gum bleeding
- may cause allergic skin rash around the mouth
- irritate the mucous membranes of oral cavity
- by reducing the thickness of the enamel enhance the sensitivity of the teeth to hot and cold food.
As opposed to this there is a high-quality and safe way to get rid of plaque and tartar — professional brushing in dental clinic, which remove not only the tooth plaque but the food remains and dental deposits that serve as a favorable environment for reproduction of pathogenic bacteria.
Professional teeth’s cleaning is prevention of tooth decay and gum disease.
We use one of the most effective method of oral cavity professional hygiene — Air Flow cleaning. This effectively removes traces of coffee, tea, cigarettes, wine and soft plaque.
Teeth cleansing is achieved by air-water flow with powder supplied under high pressure from the nozzle. Particles placed in the stream remove contaminants and afterwards are collected in a special vacuum cleaner together with the water and plaque particles. The whole procedure takes about 30-40 minutes.
What are the benefits of using Air flow?
Main benefits of cleaning teeth with Air Flow method — comfort, speed, complete absence of pain, effectiveness, simplicity of procedure and affordable price. Unlike regular brushing with toothbrush and toothpaste, Air Flow effectively cleans not only outer enamel surfaces but hard to reach parts between the teeth.
just one procedure is enough to lighten the enamel to 2-3 shades. enamel polishing occurs simultaneously with cleansing. Air flow powders contain particles of different sized, because for effective cleansing large and small elements needed (large for grinding, small for polishing).
Still, Air flow as well has the following contraindications:
- chronic bronchitis and bronchial asthma
- salt diet, as powder contain some amount of salt
- pregnancy and breast-feeding
- intolerance of citrus flavor
- acute infectious diseases
- cracks, ulcers, erosions of the oral mucosa
- any chronic diseases in the acute stage
- HIV infection, hepatitis, tuberculosis.
In the daily practice of a dentist, the following types of powders are used for Air flow technology.
- Sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3) — is classic Air flow powder from which the history of use of this method began. However, its disadvantage is the aggressiveness of the particles (which have a geometric shape with sharp edges) in relation to the mucous membrane of the oral cavity and the surface of tooth enamel. As a result, increased gums bleeding and hyperesthesia of the hard tissues of the tooth.
- Calcium carbonate (СаСО3) is a spherical granules and due to the absence of sharp edges, the powder particles have an extremely careful effect on the hard tissues of the tooth and effectively remove pigmented and soft plaque.
- Glycine — is an amino acid that differs from other powders by its mild and caring effect on the soft tissues of the mouth and tooth surface. It can be used for children from 6 years and people with periodontal disease.
Н-clinic uses such cleansing powders as calcium carbonate and glycine. Oral cavity hygiene by Air flow technology is called Dental SPA in modern world, because immediately after the procedure you can feel fresh breath, pleasant after taste, smooth teeth and natural white enamel.
The optimal regularity of the procedure is once every 6 months to maintain the therapeutic effect, which will prolong the health and beauty of your smile.
Welcome to our clinic.